Bernando LaPallo has been an inspiration for many. Born in Victoria, Brazil in 1901, he was raised by his father in New York City. It was with at his father’s advice he made his life credo which was to live life with obedience and moderation. In his lifetime of 114 years Bernando was a chef, a massage therapist, a reflexologist and doctor of podiatry, studied hair and makeup, studied herbology at the American Botanical Pharmacy and finally became an author when he wrote his first book at the age of 107 and his second at 113. Bernando was known for his youthful looks, quick social skills and his absolute observance of his daily routine. He often spoke of the ways to lead a healthy and long life. One of his keys to success was to incorporate the following five foods into your regular diet:
• Garlic – Garlic has been used by ancient civilizations to help with a variety of different health symptoms. Garlic can be used to help with the common cold. Not only does it help reduce the length of colds it has also been found to reduce the number of colds that you get. Garlic can reduce your blood pressure, lower your cholesterol levels and may even prevent alzheimer’s and dementia.
• Honey – Honey is a super food that never goes bad. Bernando would use this to sweeten any of his foods. Honey alleviates allergies because it has an anti-inflammatory effect and can soothe coughs. It is also a natural antibiotic and has been used to help treat wounds and burns
• Cinnamon – Cinnamon is so filled with antioxidants that it lowers the risk of heart disease and lowers blood sugar levels. It also has the ability to fight bacterial and fungal infections.
• Chocolate – Bernando always said that chocolate is key to a long and happy life. Chocolate has been studied and proven to help lower the risk of heart failure by as much as ⅓. It has also been studied and proven to help insulin senstivity which can help with diabetes.
• Olive Oil – Olive Oil use is being studied and being found to effectively fight against cancer, heart disease, oxidative stress, blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoporosis.
Bernando LaPallo diet and lifestyle allowed him to live a fulfilling and long life. Incorporating these foods into your diet may help you to also do the same.